SHIP BUILDING PROJECTS
Mega Luxury Yachts
1987 – 2002
Southern African Shipyards completed 14 vessels and transported them to Holland.
Pictured below are twin 80 metre long sister ships and a smaller 52 metre vessel.
All vessels are manufactured to the same stage of completion.
- The hull and superstructures are structurally complete.
- The main engines, gearboxes and ancilliary equipment are installed
- Engine room is completed
- Steering gear, shaftlines are installed
- Air-conditioning plant is installed
- All piping systems are fitted
- 80 m length 13 m beam 1100 tonnes 23 knots
- 95 m length 14 m beam 1800 tonnes 26 knots
- 14 Yachts built ranging from 23 m-95 m
1999 to 2003
Five Voith Schneider Tugs for Portnet were built by SAS for SAFBUILD (PTY) LTD, a joint
venture company between Southern African Shipyards (PTY) LTD and SAFREIGHT (PTY) LTD
Transnet Tug Contract
2007 - 2011
Total of seven Voith Schneider Tugs built with a 70 tonne ballard pull.